So it’s the first post of the new year, it should be phenomenal right?! I have to say our year hasn’t exactly started out with a bang…well, maybe the cold bang! All three of us ended and started the year with bad colds and are still trying to recover. It makes me feel worse knowing I can’t do anything for Kiggster when she’s that sick (runny nose but so much gunk in there that she can’t breathe and coughing with lots of phlegm)! But it really is a new “you” for this new year! She loves climbing on just about everything from stools, couches, stairs and any other raised surface! Well, I guess that explains why she had her first bloody incident last week Wednesday . She was climbing on stuff and wouldn’t let Honey take her down (we’ll talk about that attitude and tantrums in a little bit) so she ended up hitting her lip on something and Honey said there was so much blood. He said it looked so bad, his sweater had blood stains on it but when he cleaned her up, he couldn’t tell where it had bled from. She seems ok to us, even immediately after the initial shock, she just went right back to playing and climbing. She babbles so much now and definitely asserts her will everywhere and anytime she can. Who do you think she got that temper from?! She totally cries with real tears almost immediately when you say no or doesn’t get your attention right away and screams and stomps her feet with it. But on a cute note (although I have to admit, sometimes the tantrums are kinda funny too), she seems to like “running in place” when she’s excited. She walks fast but doesn’t exactly run yet but when she is excited, her little feet stomp up and down really fast like she wants to run. Then she does her crinkly nose laugh and it just melts our hearts!
I didn’t start out excited at all for another year. I felt discouraged about a lot that happened last year and not hopeful about this coming year. So after a great midweek church lesson last week, it really inspired and renewed my hope for this year. I decided to make some goals (or as some call it, New Year’s Resolutions) but instead of making them all about me, I wanted to link them all to a scripture from the bible for encouragement. I’ve failed at many NY’s goals but I feel that this year will be different with this approach…maybe a new heart too and with some help of this scripture:
I can do all this through him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13
So I think that’s my overall theme scripture for the year and to have faith knowing that nothing is impossible with God, even my “impossible” dreams!
So, goals for 2012, some are joint goals/project with Honey and some are individual:
1) Marriage (Joint goal): Spend more quality time together each day, whether it’s praying, reading, cuddling, or talking together. Once school starts for Honey: goal is 10 minutes/day.
Philippians 2:1-2 Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind.
2) Family (Joint goal): Have family times together each day, whether it’s prayer, bath, story, play, puppet, song, or game times. Once school starts for Honey: goal is 10 minutes/day.
Proverbs 22:6 Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it.
3) Wife: Encourage Honey daily with my words, actions, gifts, time, and anything else that helps him to feel loved and special.
Proverbs 31:10-12 & 25-27 A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value. She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life…She is clothed with strength and dignity,and she laughs without fear of the future.When she speaks, her words are wise, and she gives instructions with kindness. She carefully watches everything in her household and suffers nothing from laziness.
4) Spiritual Goal: Spend more time journaling my prayers to God again. Expressing my heart and not just my wants/needs to God.
Psalm 62:8 Trust in him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.
5) Reaching out to others (Joint goal): Help others with their marriage and invite others into our home more. Each week, have someone or people over for dinner and connect with others.
Ephesians 5:1-2 Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.
6) Health: Go back to my sugarless and white flourless way of living again and not let myself get talked out of it (I talked myself out of it). Set a good example for Kiggster on healthy eating habits.
John 6:27 Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. For on him God the Father has placed his seal of approval.
7) 366 Project (Joint project): Take a picture daily of something in our life that we’re grateful for, caught our eye, funny, or anything else but it might end up being mostly pictures of Kiggster! So I have to admit this might be more of a 361 project since I only decided on the project after the 1st week was pretty much over! Never too late to start right?! A post will be coming shortly today on my progress so far for this project.
Philippians 4:8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.
8) Blogging Goals:
- Transfer my Blogger site (www.mommykangaroo.blogspot.com) to my self-hosted WordPress site (www.kangaroomama.com).
- Blog a minimum of 2 times per week. Maybe on Tuesday and Fridays each week.
- Network with other bloggers and learn from others in the blogging community.
- Find an inexpensive but awesome blog and logo designer for the blog.
- Increase traffic to my blog and the number of followers/subscribers.
- Generate a small income from the blog and acquire relevant products for free for review on the blog.